Oh HEY friends...do you remember me?!?! It's been a month since I have posted a blog post...Life happens and it's been happening!
Instead of freaking out or putting pressure on myself to force something to happen, I am just doing what I can when I can. At this point in my business, it is important that I take care of my clients first and then when I have the time to write and share, I will make it happen, but it will happen naturally. So now I am back and ready to write, share, and just go with the flow. I surprisingly have a ton of ideas that I want to write about, but nowadays, it comes down to time, enjoying life, and making sure I'm present in real time and real relationships. Can I get an AMEN!!! But when I do have time to write, you bet your ass I will be sharing, creating, and inspiring, so let's do it, while I have your attention. And let's talk FOOD, my favorite topic...WOOT WOOT!
I LOVE to go food shopping! I know that a lot of people do not like this chore, but there is something exciting about cleaning out your fridge and then going to the store with a clean slate and stocking it all up again with delicious and healthy eats. Yes, this is how I view food shopping. Is it a little weird that I would rather go food shopping than to a department store? Actually, don’t answer that…
Random Side Note: I am REALLY good at shopping at Lululemon in store and Nordstrom’s online, but when it comes to casually spending an afternoon going store to store, I am the worst. Back to food shopping…I LOVE food. I LOVE to eat. I LOVE to nourish my body. Food fuels my lifestyle and therefore having a fridge that is stocked with the necessary nutritious ingredients is very important to me. I have never proclaimed to be an amazing cook. My meals are easy, require simple ingredients, and are always ready in less than 30 minutes. So my fridge is filled with real, simple, healthy ingredients. These are staples that are ALWAYS in my fridge, no matter how empty the fridge gets, these items are there.
1.NuttZo – If you have been following me for a while, you know my obsession with this nut butter. I may be totally biased since I work for them, but once you go NuttZo, you NEVER go back. Spoonfuls of NuttZo happen every day, as it is my favorite healthy fat. I always have one jar in my fridge, but sometimes there is another one lurking because that one is just for dipping. As of lately, I cannot get enough of the organic crunchy Peanut Pro NuttZo...It’s my JAM! I can honestly say that I go through a jar a week. No shame in my serving sizes...The bigger the better. And we are starting to pop up into a lot more stores nationwide, so make sure that you are following us on Instagram, to find out where you can get all the goods...That's my shameless plug...Thanks for listening...LOL!
2. Hot Sauce – I put hot sauce on almost every savory meal that I make! I love spicy foods and I am currently crushing on Saucy Lips Foods. Their spicy flavors are DELISH! The Jalapeno & Apple is my favorite and I drizzle it on everything and every night. Saucy Lips Foods sauces are gluten-free, dairy free, soy free, sugar-free, and nut free.
3. Eggs – I currently buy the Kirkland Signature Organic Eggs, because they come in a pack of 24 and Shannon and me eat a lot of them. Eggs are versatile, healthy, ready in minutes, inexpensive, and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Shannon makes the BEST pancakes, so when I get that craving, there better be a few eggs in the fridge for him to whip up those bad boys!
4. Zucchini – Definitely kind of random food that is always in my fridge, but for the past year, there is always a packet of zucchini in there. I now always add 1 small zucchini to my smoothies (recipe below) to make it extra creamy and thick. I typically dice up the zucchini and throw it into the freezer with whatever fruit I am using that day and let it sit for a few hours.
Organic Bone Broth Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie (sheesh that's a mouthful)
- 1 packet Organic Bone Broth Protein Peanut Butter
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 serving of fruit of choice (I used raspberries for this one)
- 1 heaping spoonful of nut butter of choice
- Dash of Simply Organic Foods Cinnamon
- Dice up zucchini + half of the fruit + throw all ingredients into your blender;
- Top with the remaining fruit and maybe some more NuttZo;
4. Apples – I eat typically 3 – 4 apples a week. I will add them to smoothies; on top of my yogurt bowls; or eat them with a spoonful of NuttZo, almonds, or a Rise Bar. Apples are jam-packed with nutrients, easy to travel with, relatively inexpensive, and I like the crispness of a good old apple. I LOVE Honey Crisp apples…They definitely are not the cheapest, but I will splurge on a few here and there.
And this is what my fridge looks like.
I try to keep it clean, but it is no way spotless or perfectly organized, because who the heck has time for that? Nothing too exciting or out of the ordinary, but it holds everything I need. I could tell you about the freezer, but I feel like that is its own post, because I seriously freeze EVERYTHING. Did you know that you can freeze Costco Apple Pie and their COOKIES? YES and PLEASE!
What are your fridge ESSENTIALS?
Do you like to FREEZE everything?