It is February...How the heck did that happen? Despite the ups and downs; the dreary and gray weather; January went by surprisingly fast. As we close one month and enter into a new one, I thought it would be a good day to post about those random topics that go through my head and share them with all of you. A short summary of what has been happening in my world. Grab that cup of coffee and read along as to what has been happening these days. Cheers to a fresh new month of only good energy, experiences, food, and happiness!
Sweet Potatoes are the BEST...I could seriously eat one every night! They are nutritious, delicious, versatile, and so easy to prepare. I keep it simple when preparing mine. Scrub clean + pork with a fork + stick into a preheated over of 450 degrees and bake for 45 minutes to an hour (depending on how crispy on the outside you like it) + sprinkle with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and hot sauce + serve alongside dinner.
Tiny Space Workouts are CHALLENGING but FUN...Yes it is winter and gray and cold and sometimes depressing, but that shouldn't stop you from staying active! Make sure to check out this Core Power Workout that is challenging, fun, and can be done anywhere. It is specifically designed to do in a "tiny space", but you can obviously take it to the gym or do it whatever you feel most comfortable working out. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out!
Healthy Dog Treats...YES PLEASE...Thank you to Best Bully Sticks for sending us dental dog chews that are hormone free; drool-worthy; contain limited ingredients; and from what Lucy tells me, they are DELICIOUS! She is a lucky dog and we appreciate gifts like these!
Saturday Snacking like a CHAMP! 👍🏻🐶Thank you @bestbullysticks for sending Lucy some healthy, hormone free, dental dog chews! She’s a lucky dog! 💕🙏🏻💕@rescuepetsofinstagram @dogsofinstagram @rescuedogsofinstagram @dogsofinstaworld @dogs_of_world_ @sunsetdogs #woof #hormonefree #dogs #dogtreats #bestbullysticks #dogstagram #treats
Chia Seed Pudding Is BACK...I forgot how easy it is to prepare chia seed pudding. It is also a versatile recipe, a great meal to take when on the go, and even better when topped with blobs of nut butter or granola. I will share the recipe soon! Oh and of course it is jam packed with all those healthy nutrients to keep your body happy and nourished!
Online Dating Is BRUTAL...Because sometimes I need to talk about personal things. There are only so many food photos and exercise routines I can talk about. And dating these days as y'all know is hard, frustrating, confusing, and comical. Can someone please explain to me:
- Car Selfies...Shirtless Selfies...Bathroom Selfies???
- The disappearing into thin air act! Raise your hand if you have been texting with someone who you met online and developed a rapport with and then POOF...GONE...And never to be heard from again! Where did they go? And what is the point of engaging with someone if you are going to disappear on them with no explanation? I'm a big girl and can handle rejection. Just tell me that "you are just not that into me!"
On a "Positive Patty" note...High-Fives though to men who take lots of pictures with their dogs! That is always a major plus in my opinion.
Practicing Slowing Down Feels Really GOOD...I posted this quote earlier this week on Instagram because recently I have had to slow down because there have been multiple times I have felt the burn out coming on STRONG. It has been with work, training, and just life in general. Those mornings when you wake up and look in the mirror and think to yourself "WOW I look really tired!". It was happening too much, so I am taking baby steps to learn to slow down and let life take its course one day at a time. A few of the things that have helped me slow down:
- Closing my laptop at 6:00 PM on the dot!!! I typically start doing work on mine around 6:45 AM and throughout the day, so those hours add up fast;
- No more social media checking after 8:00 PM! This is hard, but when I stick to it, I feel so much better and refreshed the next day;
- Sleeping an extra 15 minutes! A few months ago, I was waking up at 5:45 AM...YIKES! I was tired and it made the days really long. Now I am sleeping until 6:30 AM. Great progress!
- And finally my "go to" for slowing down and disconnecting is LONG WALKS with Lucy! I love leaving my devices and just going for a long walk or hike with Lucy and a friend and just soaking up the fresh air and the peace and quiet. It makes me happy to just be in the moment and soak up the beauty and the simple things in life!
What is your favorite way to SLOW DOWN?
Do you have a favorite sweet potato recipe? If so, please share with me in the comments!