I LOVE food! I LOVE to talk about food! I really LOVE to eat food! I can put it back like a champ! But, like most women in today's society, I have had my own battles with food and some days still do. A woman's relationship with food is complicated, as we are emotional beings, and we are freaking hard on ourselves. We are all different, with different needs, and different goals when it comes to health and fitness, so figuring out what works with us for food is hard. Food can be complicated and frustrating!
I had a slip up this past weekend! I had one of those nights after being out with friends, that the chips, cheese, and ice cream did not stand a chance. I woke up the next day and felt like garbage. Well of course I did...who the hell eats that much like that? In the past, I would beat myself up about this. I would restrict what I ate through the week. I would bust my ass at the gym to forget about what happened. But honestly...that kind of mind frame SUCKS! Here is how I approached this moment instead:
- SHIT happens...It is called life and we all make mistakes! Recognize it...Own It...Learn from it;
- I took the day off from training and enjoyed the rainy day and was uber productive;
- I talked about it...Wrote about it in my journal...And just let it be...It is what it is;
- I recognized why it happened...boys + emotions + not eating enough = recipe for disaster;
- MOVE FORWARD and have a good week of workouts and foods that make me feel GOOD!
Banana Peach Protein Nut Butter Green Smoothie
Greek Yogurt With Nut Butter And Cherry Chocolate Granola
Honey Crisp Apple With Nut Butter
Open Faced Chicken Breast Sandwich With Cole Slow And Tomatoes
Roast Sweet Potato With Chickpea Salad With Mixed Greens And Avocado
TACOS TACOS and MORE TACOS (I had 2x plates of this...YES)
It is not easy to open up about these sort of topics, but I know I am not alone! I am not ashamed of my stories. These experiences are part of who I am. It is part of my journey. It is part of me healing. And the best part of sharing is knowing that I am only getting better, smarter, stronger, and more beautiful inside and out.
It was so wonderful this week to have read the below blogs to remind me to not be so hard on myself. To enjoy life and FOOD more often! To just inspire me! Again, friends, this is a place for us to be REAL...to share our stories...and most importantly to SUPPORT each other. This is a beautiful and safe community! ENJOY!
- Tips To Start Living A Non-Diet Life - IMMAEATTHAT
- Never Start All Over Again On Monday - Avocado A Day
- Normal Eaters Are The Healthiest - The Real Life RD
Have a beautiful weekend friends! XOXO