And just like that, it feels like summer in Charleston! The past week we have hit 80 degrees almost every day and the humidity has already drastically increased. I am not complaining, as I love these kinds of temperatures (Lucy not so much). I love my early morning runs when I come back soaking in sweat. I am happy walking around in tank tops and shorts and being able to soak up the sunshine and longer evenings outside on my deck. I also love how my appetite craves fresh, easy, simple, and nourishing eats as the seasons change. Bring on ALL the salmon, salads, and summer produce.
Thank goodness my friend Valerie LOVES to cook and create these kinds of recipes! Since we met a couple of months ago, she has become an amazing friend. We Jersey girls are REAL, LOYAL, and won't put up with any bull shit. It's why I love her and lean on her for a lot of things. She's my "go-to" for when the social media world kicks my ass and I want to throw in the towel. She always comes over to help me create my workout videos and to help me edit photos and give me tips on all the new apps and gadgets. When you manage an abundance of accounts, you need to lean on friends and ask for help, and glad that I can do that with her.
I am also grateful for her support, honesty, and professional advice. I am also grateful for her chef skills. These recipes are PERFECT for summer! They are paleo, Whole30 approved, and great for meal prep, so you can get outside more and enjoy the beautiful weather, wherever you may be. Hurry up and put together a shopping list...go to the store...and start cooking! If you need a taste tester, I will be right over. ENJOY!
- 1 Mango, small diced
- 1 Cucumber, small diced
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1/2 Red Onion, small diced
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and toss until fully combined.
- Flavors will be even better 30 minutes after tossing together
- Keeps for up to 3 days in the fridge
- 4 cups Shredded Chicken, cooked
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 stalks Celery, small dice
- 1/4 Red Onion, small dice
- 2 cups Red Seedless Grapes, halved
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Celery Seed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients except grapes into a large bowl and stir until fully combined
- Toss in grapes
- Garnish with extra parsley
- Serve over greens
- Preheat your oven to broil.
- Pat Salmon Dry with a paper towel
- Glaze each piece of salmon with 1 tbsp Tangy Mango sauce
- Broil on HIGH for 12-15 minutes
- Top with Mango Cucumber Salsa
Which recipe are you going to make first?